As quilters ourselves, we are knowledgeable about quilting, and we are happy to help with any questions you may have. For answers to your template or quilting questions, we're only a phone call or email away.
Here are several suggestions we like to call:
Shirley Template's Recipe for Success
- Maintain a sharp pencil. A mechanical pencil is ideal.
- Some blocks have reversed templates. These are gritted on both sides.
- The arrows in the drawings show the sewing line or finished measurement.
- Don't be afraid to use your rotary cutter. Just keep those fingers out of the way!
- Use fine (very skinny) pins when pinning.
- Avoid pressing your block until it's complete. Then use an up & down pressing motion, and no steam!
- If your block is not fitting together properly, check your seam allowance!
- Make sure you use a consistent 1/4". A small error tends to multiply through the block and become amplified.